Meet the Flying Pig...

This is my first attempt at blogging. I started writing for several reasons. One of which is to wax poetic about my adventures with my heart horse, Luke Skywalker. I also want to write about my experiences being a plus sized rider. I will never be the equestrian chic kind of thin. I am built downright stocky and my love of food has not helped the situation. But I am okay with who I am today because I am constantly working towards the woman I want to be tomorrow. One of my all-time favorite quotes is: 


"I love the woman I have become,
 because I have fought so hard to become her."

Being surrounded by horses is my happy place in life, but it hasn't always been easy to accomplish. I don't have horse people in my family, I grew up in a single parent home where money was tight, and live in an area that is predominantly western riding. There's very little english riding and even less eventing.

At the moment I have been very blessed with an opportunity to keep Sky on forty acres of land that is only only a few miles from where I live and work. We've also started lessons with a trainer I love. There are days when all of this still feels like a dream.

I'd love for this blog to not only be a place to write about my adventures with Sky but also to network with other riders. I remember feeling at one point that I must be the ONLY rider my size. Then finding places like the English Plus Sized Rider page and reading A Fat Girl & A Fat Horse Blog that were so inspiring they made me want to fight for my own dreams ans hope to possibly inspire others along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment